Clear Lake City Water Authority
900 Bay Area Blvd.
Houston, TX 77058
Welcome to Clear Lake City Water Authority!
We have provided water, sewer, and drainage service to the Clear Lake area since 1963. CLCWA strives to provide customers with: Excellent Customer Service, Superior Water Quality, and Environmental Protection.
Your water and sewer rates are increasing effective November 1, 2022
For more information, please follow the link here "Rates"
--------------------New Payment Portal--------------------
CLCWA has upgraded online payment services. The new billing system is now available at the link above "PAY WATER BILL". The previous service has been deactivated. Your bill has been updated with your new account number please visit the new portal to register and set up payment services.
Please review the attached Billing Update Letter for a brief overview explaining the change.
If you wish to make a payment we encourage you to use the following methods:
1. Online payment. Please use www.clcwa.org and select "Pay Water Bill" or “Pay Property Tax” at the top of the Home Page.
2. Mail in a payment.
3. In person. Please use a payment envelope located in the parking lot payment box or drop slot at our front door. We request that you do not drop cash in our payment box or door slot.
Service applications for new water service or to set up automatic debit payments are on our website under the “Water Customer Service” tab on the left of the home page or available on the front porch of our main office and can be dropped in the mail slot. Please include a copy of your driver’s license and deposit. Customer Service can be reached at 281-488-1164 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4) Plan A copy of CLCWA's Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4) plan can be found here: 2021119-CLCWA_SWMP.
- Exploration Green Road Closure
Exploration Green Phase 3B is closed to foot traffic.
**IMPORTANT NOTICE**We have had reports of people still accessing Exploration Green 3B (This affects the area that is bordered by Diana Ln, Penn Hills Ln, & Torry Pines) and Phase 5 (This affects the area that is bordered by Seahorse Dr, Bay Area Blvd,Seakale Ln, Neptune Ln, and Gunwale Rd) while they are under construction. Please note that Exploration Green Phase 3B and 5 are closed to any and all foot traffic for your safety and the safety of the crews working on site.Thank you for your cooperation with this.
- Board Meetings: Please see the posted agenda for participation details. The next scheduled board meeting will be held in Regular Session on Thursday, November 10, 2022 at 7:00pm.. The following board meeting is scheduled for Thursday, December 8, 2022. **UPDATE: Please see the agenda posted under the Information tab and the Board for updated meeting attendance information. Due to COVID-19 meetings are held in person and by video conference.**
- Community Project Updates
Here is a list of current leaks in the area that will be prioritized and repaired in order of severity. With the lack of rain and extremely dry conditions it is causing more main breaks than usual this time of year. Please be cautious when driving in the area with our crews are working on repairs.
KNOWN LEAKS: Pending Repair
4100 Long Grove (Hydrant) 1910 Fairwind 800 Orchard Peak 15800 Havenhurst 14000 El Camino Real (Hydrant) 14300 Lofty Mountain Trail 1700 Fairwind 600 Forest Lake
**MAJOR LEAKS TAKE PRECEDENCE OVER MINOR LEAKS. PLEASE HELP US BY REPORTING NEW LEAKS.
Calling 281-488-1164 is the best way to report leaks.***
____________________________________________Exploration Green Phases 1, 2, 3A, and 4 have been completed and are open to the public. Phases 3B and 5 are currently under construction. Mowing Plan: Mowing has started on Phase 1 and Phase 3A. Phase 4 had new topsoil placed and reseeding due to the previous application not producing adequate growth. The new seeding is growing well, and a mowing plan is set to move forward soon. Tree planting will occur from November-February. To give newly planted native grass the best chance to grow, please stay on the trails and off the grass areas. Phase 3B is at 85% completion as of September 2022. This area is officially closed to the public while under construction. Sidewalk trails are currently being installed. The Phase 3B section is located in the Oakbrook West subdivision and borders between Diana, Torry Pines, and Penn Hills. Phase 5 is at 7.1% completion as of September 2022. This area is officially closed to the public while under construction. Clearing and grubbing is complete. Excavation hauling is in process. The Phase 5 section borders between Seahorse Dr, Bay Area Blvd, Seakale Ln, Neptune Ln and Gunwale. Please be extra cautious when near the Phase 3B and 5 areas and do not enter the construction areas. For more information, please visit the Exploration Green Detention Facility page using the tab on the left.
- Flooding? If you have experienced flooding, please see http://www.clcwa.org/educational/stormwater-flooding for reporting. This information is helpful to evaluate trends in the area and investigate issues.
Please help us by clearing any leaves, pine needles, trash, and debris from the storm sewer inlets, street drains, and gutters. Keeping these areas clear will help drain streets faster.
- Please Help! Please do not put trash cans, bags, or debris on top of meter boxes. It interferes with the signal transmitting meter reads and can damage the equipment.
For water or sewer emergencies, you can reach us 24 hours a day, 365 days a year by calling our office at 281-488-1164.
For questions about your water bill or taxes, please call our office 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday.
**Please note the 24-hour answering service is unable to answer billing or tax questions.