Clear Lake City Water Authority
900 Bay Area Blvd.
Houston, TX 77058
Welcome to Clear Lake City Water Authority!
We have provided water, sewer, and drainage service to the Clear Lake area since 1963. CLCWA strives to provide customers with: Excellent Customer Service, Superior Water Quality, and Environmental Protection.
Status Update 6/28/2020
Effective Monday, June 29, 2020 the main office lobby will be closed to the public as a preventative step to slow community spread of the coronavirus. We will continue to operate during this time and answer phone calls and emails. If you have a water/sewer issue or a general question, please call us at 281-488-1164 or email us at email@example.com. We are here to assist you.
If you wish to make a payment we encourage you to use our online payment system at www.clcwa.org under the tab “Pay Water Bill” at the top of the Home Page. The fee for online payments is currently waived! You can also mail in a payment. If you need to pay in person, please use a payment envelope located in the parking lot payment box or drop slot at our front door. We request that you do not drop cash in our payment box or door slot.
Service applications for new water service or to set up automatic debit payments are on our website under the “Water Customer Service” tab on the left on the home page or available on the front porch of our main office and can be dropped in the mail slot.
IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT LATE FEES: Starting August 1, CLCWA will resume the collection of late fees on utility bill payments and resume shutting off service for non-payment on August 15. Please call our office and make payment arrangements as soon as possible.
6/2020 - 7/2020:
Exploration Green Phase 2 is officially closed (bordering El Dorado, Diana, Reseda, Torry Pines) for the public's safety. Please DO NOT cross the barriers. There is heavy equipment working in the area.
Scam and Possible Crime Alert
- Phase 2 Temporary Closure Phase 2 (bordering the El Dorado, Diana, Reseda, Torry Pines block) will be temporarily closed to the public for construction modifications starting Wednesday, April 22, 2020 and anticipated to be re-opened in Summer 2020. Heavy construction equipment and personnel will be working to replace an unexpected sandy layer of dirt causing bank erosion and stability concerns. We understand the timing isn't ideal for the large numbers of the public currently enjoying the area, but these repairs must be done before hurricane season starts so the maximum storm water detention storage capacity is available if needed. Your patience and support are appreciated.
- Announcement Regarding Water Bills Public-Announcement-Regarding-Water-Bills
- Community Project Updates CLCWA-Press-Release-Dec-2019-Community
- Board Meetings: A Regular Board meeting will be held on Thursday, July 9, 2020 at 7:00 pm. Please see the posted agenda for participation details. The following scheduled regular Board meeting is Thursday, August 13, 2020 at 7:00 p.m. Meetings are held at 900 Bay Area Blvd. in the Board Room and are subject to change, please call to verify.**UPDATE: Please see the agenda posted under the Information tab and the Board for updated meeting attendance information. Due to COVID-19 meetings are held by video conference.**
- Flooding? If you have experienced flooding, please see http://www.clcwa.org/educational/stormwater-flooding for reporting. This information is helpful to evaluate trends in the area and investigate issues.
- Please Help! Please do not put trash cans, bags, or debris on top of meter boxes. It interferes with the signal transmitting meter reads and can damage the equipment.
For water or sewer emergencies, you can reach us 24 hours a day, 365 days a year by calling our office at 281-488-1164.
For questions about your water bill or taxes, please call our office 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday.
**Please note the 24-hour answering service is unable to answer billing or tax questions.