Assist with the operations of water production and distribution facilities in order to provide safe, clean, palatable drinking water to customer of Clear Lake City Water Authority.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assists in the daily inspects water production and distribution facilities and records findings
- Assists with the bacteriological and special water sampling required by regulatory agencies
- Maintains and keeps well, well pumps, motors and engines in good working order
- Maintains and keeps all chlorinators, scales and ammonia pumps in good working order
- Maintains an appropriate supply of water treatment chemicals such as gas chlorine, liquid ammonia solution, granular chlorine and other chemicals as needed
- Maintains and keeps all valves, booster pumps, electric motors in good working order
- Responds to calls on nights, weekends and holidays when “on call”
- Operates the water system and regulates the system through SCADA software
- Maintains all maintenance records of the Clear Lake City Water Authority water system and other records required by state agencies
- Perform annual inspections of all storage tanks
- Follows all regulations a set forth by the state and federal agencies
- Performs other related duties as required
View, download and print a pdf version of this job position here:view pdf