ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Duties to be performed under supervisor of supervisor.
- Inspects water pipes using robotic camera equipment.
- Installs repairs broken service lines, manholes and sewer mains.
- Clears stopped sewer service lines and main sewer lines.
- Installs sewer manholes, water valves and piping.
- Inspects storm drains for proper drainage in the event of heavy rain.
- Completes tap cards, work orders.
- Performs televising of sanitary sewer and storm lines.
- Performs trouble shooting of all televising equipment.
- Completing televising reports and work orders.
- Running Jet/Vacuum Truck.
- Repairs sidewalks, build fences, concrete work and carpentry work
- Bores under streets as necessary
- Adjusts manholes and water valve boxes
- Training fellow employees on proper use of televising equipment.
- Receives calls and responds accordingly
- Operates light and heavy construction equipment, including pick-up trucks, rollers, broom trucks, tractor mowers, vactor trucks, dump trucks, front end loaders, backhoes, trenchers, chainsaws, pole saws, mowers, and mechanical cutters, as required
- Serves as designated “emergency personnel” reporting to work site during declared emergencies.
Physical and Environmental Conditions
Frequently encounters dirt and dust, noise and vibration, fumes and odors and wetness/humidity. May be frequently exposed to mechanical, chemical and electrical hazards. The position is typically located in a shop and outdoors environment. Frequently lifts up to 25 lbs. and occasionally lift up to 90lbs.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Work days are Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm. This position does not generally require long hours and weekend work, but it may be necessary on occasion.
Minimum Education, Experience and Certification
A high school diploma or equivalent is essential. Additional licensing from TCEQ obtainability required.
Must possess a Commercial Driver’s License or higher with hazmat endorsement.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Technical computer skills
- Ability to operate robotic pipe inspection camera.
- Ability to read safety procedures, instructions and maintenance schedules
- Ability to assist with operation of back hoe tractor, one or two-ton truck, tractor, mowing equipment, air compressor, jack hammer, sewer jet truck and tapping machine.
- Ability to assist in repairing and maintaining water, wastewater and storm water systems.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified in this position.
View, download and print a pdf version of this job position here:view pdf