Position Title: Lift Station Operator Mechanic
Immediate Supervisor: Wastewater Superintendent
Starting Rate: 17.50 per hour (40 hours per week)
No supervisory responsibilities.
Performs preventive maintenance and repairs on pumps, valves and electrical equipment. Performs a variety of other general maintenance work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs preventive maintenance on a variety of mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Rebuilds and maintains wastewater pumps; replaces checks valves and lines;
- Check lift stations, hose down walls as needed check bolts oils to motor where accepted, check high-level alarms/SCADA for communications.
- Get electrical reads to pumps.
- Get outside H2O customer reads.
- Installs electrical motors, lays conduit and wires and conducts electrical troubleshooting.
- Submit report for SWPP samples monthly.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Required to be on standby time for equipment failure or operational support needs during off hours, weekends, holidays, etc.
Physical and Environmental Conditions
Frequently encounters dirt and dust, noise and vibration, fumes and odors and wetness/humidity. May be frequently exposed to mechanical, chemical and electrical hazards. The position is located in an office, shop and outdoors plant environment. The incumbent frequently lifts up to 25 lbs. and occasionally lift up to 90lbs.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Work days are Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm. This position may require after hours and weekend work.
Minimum Education, Experience and Certification
A high school diploma or equivalent is essential. Minimum of 3 years’ experience working with electrical system repairs is essential. Ability to obtain TCEQ licensing required. Position requires a Class C Commercial driver’s license or the ability to obtain within 1 year of employment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Skills in repairing and maintain wastewater systems
- Extensive knowledge of wastewater collections systems.
- Ability to read work orders, tap cards, and facilities maps.
- Maintain stock for repairs and new construction.
- Ability to perform simple mathematical calculations.
- Ability to write work orders and tap cards.
- Ability to operate backhoe and air compressor.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified in this position.
View, download and print a pdf version of this job position here:view pdf