Position Title: Laborer
Supervisor: Wastewater Superintendent
Starting Pay Range: $15.00 / hour
No supervisory responsibilities
Performs landscape maintenance at treatment plants and lift stations. Paints, erects fences and generally maintains good appearance of plants. Operates and maintains back hoe tractors, dump trucks and bulldozers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs landscape maintenance at treatment plants and lift stations
- Paints, builds fences and generally maintains attractive appearance of plants and lift stations.
- Performs minor repairs, fixes flats and changes oil on back hoe tractor, bulldozer, trucks, tractor, bulldozer, trucks, tractors and mowing equipment.
- Assist with heavy mechanical maintenance.
- Preforms minor carpentry work
- Operate basic hand tools such as saws, shovels, rakes, etc.
- Operate basic power tools such as lawn mowers, brush cutters, snow blowers, ect.
- Assist plant operators and maintenance personnel in maintenance and repairs of plant lit stations equipment.
- Performs other related duties as required
Physical and Environmental Conditions
Frequently encounters dirt and dust, noise and vibration, fumes and odors and wetness/humidity. May be frequently exposed to mechanical, chemical and electrical hazards. The position is located in an office, shop and outdoors plant environment. The incumbent frequently lifts up to 25 lbs. and occasionally lift up to 90lbs.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Work days are Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm. This position does not generally require long hours and weekend work, but it may be necessary on occasion.
Minimum Education, Experience and Certification
A high school diploma or equivalent is essential. Minimum of 1 years’ experience as a Laborer. Position requires a Class B Commercial driver’s license.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Skills in driving and operating heavy equipment, carpentry, painting and welding
- Knowledge of maintenance and repair of heavy equipment and lawn maintenance equipment
- Ability to read safety procedures, instructions and maintenance schedules
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations
- Ability to operate back hoe tractor, bulldozer, one or two ton truck, tractor and mowing equipment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified in this position.
View, download and print a pdf version of this job position here:view pdf